Today, members of the Banff LCP met at Banff Academy to consider improvement priorities. Kate, Gail, Roisin and Martin (CLD), Stephen (Aberdeen Foyer), Meriem (AVA), Chris (Employability Officer) and Clare (SDS)
Martin and Roisin updated us about “Community Works Banff and Macduff”. Banff LCP will be a steering group for this project and we had discussions around the following…
- Linking “Community Works” to existing services in the area offered by Banff Community Advice Hub, Aberdeen Foyer, Employability Services, LINA etc
- Banff Community Advice Hub – offering this service occasionally in Macduff as well as Banff to overcome barriers and aid accessibility
- Sharing information more widely about the workshops and events that “Community Works” organise.
- The Banff LCP can always be used to share information by email and WordPress.
BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW
A joint CPD Session has been organised in Banff.
CREW will be coming to deliver “Just Say Know” Training
This course aims to equip delegates with confidence in knowledge in drug trends, an introduction to harm reduction and practical tips when working with young people who use drugs or who or are at risk of taking drugs. . We discuss the most commonly used drugs and explore ways of working with young people including harm reduction.
• To know where to find information about the effects, risks and harm reduction information about commonly used drugs
• To improve understanding of current drug trends
• To know where to signpost anyone who may be experiencing problematic drug use
• Improved confidence in discussing commonly used drugs
• Recall legislation relating to psychoactive substances
• Describe the nature and purpose of harm reduction
BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW!
Thanks to everyone who attended the Speed Networking Event on Thursday 7th February. We had a really good session and your feedback was very positive. Here’s a brief summary of what you said. Most said they would like to take part again but would like it to be earlier in the day, longer and organised so you could meet everyone.
Tuesday 28th May 10:30am – 12pm (Deveron Centre) Self-Evaluation Session
Thursday 4th July 10am – 12pm (Deveron Centre) Setting Improvement Priorities
Monday 23rd September 10am – 12pm (Deveron Centre) Review & Update Session
The Revised Guidance Note on CLD Planning 2018 – 21 has now been published, along with accompanying note (available below). Please take time to familiarise yourselves with the content.
Here are the results of the Banff LCP Step 3 – Review & Update Survey results.
Banff LCP Step 3 2017
Five new priority areas have been identified as significant for the Banff Learning Community Partnership:
- Reducing Child Poverty
- Connected and Cohesive Communities
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
- High Unemployment (Including Employability and impact of Welfare Reform)
- Changing our relationship with Alcohol (and Drugs)
A copy of the Banff LCP Timeline including organisations and local learning programmes being delivered can be found here Banff LCP Timeline.
Members of the Banff LCP who were not able to attend our last session can ensure their input is included by completing the surveymonkey (link below). It takes under 5 minutes 🙂
Partners reviewed and updated our existing Improvement Priorities. In order to include the opinions of partners who were unable to attend, a Surveymonkey has been put out. Once we have all our responses in, the updated plans will be posted.